Shoulder pain is a common condition treated in our office. The muscles surrounding the shoulder joint play a large role is supporting and stabilizing it so it is vital that these muscles are properly examined and treated first. Dr. Phipps is a soft tissue specialist and has specialized training in the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of shoulder pain and has the expertise to evaluate the muscles surrounding your shoulder joint. When you have pain it can be difficult to determine which specialist to see first. We take the guess work out of it for you by requiring all potential patients to start with consultation. The consultation is a brief visit with the doctor to determine if you are in the right place and if your aren’t he will make the appropriate referral. Dr. Phipps will only take your case on if you will benefit from the soft tissue treatment that he provides. We keep consultation slots open so you can get in right away.
Conditions we treat (not a full list)
- Tendon degeneration
- Rotator cuff injury/tear
- Bicep tendonitis
- If you have been told trigger points or “knots” are contributing to your problem, then you will want to schedule a consultation.
- If you don’t see your condition listed, use our online contact form to see if you should schedule a consultation.
Common causes of shoulder pain:
- Overuse (exercise, work, sports, hobbies)
- Trauma (sports or a fall)
- Using pain medication to cover up pain. (Making your condition worse and more chronic.)
- Using stretching and exercise as a form of treatment without a proper diagnosis.
Get Relief Now
To schedule a consultation, please call us at (716) 629-3100 or take advantage of our convenient online form